Refresh your memory; Rekindle the romance reading about some scintillating, sizzling, and sensational dance sequences On Indian Television!
Take a look at some of the mind-boggling dances on Indian Television in no particular order!
1) Teri Meri Prem Kahani Hai Mushkil Do Lafzon Mein Yeh Bayaan Na Ho Paaye – We guess it would be pointless to ask you about whom do you remember when you hear the above song. Hearing to the song written above, the answer is like stating the obvious apart from being reminded of Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor from Bodyguard, a pair from television for whom this is the trademark song. It is none other than one of television’s most beloved and most wanted couple Arnav Singh Raizada (Barun Sobti) and Khushi Kumari Gupta (Sanaya Irani) from Star Plus’ hit show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon. While the lead characters of IPKKND were never able to give their love a name neither described it, their performance on this song revealed it all. The love, longing, desperation to be together all was crystal clear and each admirer of the show, of this pair ate and slept in the memories of Arnav and Khushi’s mesmerizing ‘Teri Meri Prem Kahani’ dance and the memories of this song continues to live even today.
2) One story which instantly comes to the mind when the phrase ‘Not a good start’ is mentioned is definitely Rishabh Kundra (Vivian Dsena) and Madhubala Rishabh Kundra’s (Drasti Dhami) story. Yes the two of them have battled against and for each other and today are at a place filled with love but even their start was on the wrong foot. Can you imagine two people dancing while one is pushing, pulling, bullying his partner and the other is serving? Is it possible in reality, nope it is not in real, but in RK and Madhu’s world the answer is a huge yes. Two people who hated each other to the core and roots expressed their hate yet it was topped with a scintillating dance number ‘Aa Zara Kareeb Se‘. The dance literally set the temp on screen and in the drawing rooms very high. Rishabh and Madhu expressed anger, hate with their dance yet there was a hidden attraction between the two characters. It was a dance number from which you simply could not take your eyes off!
3) What happens when the hero is running away from his feelings and both the protagonists are doused in a state of drinking Bhaang? Let us tell you the result is a romantic dance which reminds you of the Kuch Kuch Hotha Hai’s dance setting but yet the song that was played for Asad Ahmed Khan (Karan Singh Grover) and Zoya Farooqui (Surbhi Jyoti) was the famous ‘Bol Na Halke Halke‘ and this sequence happened in Zee TV’s Qubool Hai. In the bhaang doused state to see Asad and Zoya convey their feelings and urging the other with the lyrics ‘Bol na halke halke’ swaying to their hearts content, urging each other to voice the feelings,expressing it with the way of eyes and dance, the dance was romantically magical and tends to create an aura of romance all around you. The dance is etched in the memories forever.
4) Do you remember the sizzling dance of Maan Singh Khurana (Gurmeet Choudhary) and Geet Handa’s (Drashti Dhami) ‘Kurbaan Hua’? Do we see the readers sighing and leaning back on their chairs and smiling? Maan and Geet set the screen ablaze with their mind blowing with Kurbaan Hua which left the audiences awestruck and wanting more. Even today Kurbaan Hua dance of Maan and Geet is remembered and fans of this pair even today make it a point to watch this dance sequence of the lead protagonists of Geet Hui Sabse Parayi. Maan and Geet ‘Aado Pe Wafa Pe..Kurbaan Hua’…takes the viewers’ breath away even today.
5) Love makes the world go round and it is said that there is nothing like ‘pehla pyaar’, first love, on November 11th 2011 yet another lead protagonists Viren Wadhera (Karan Tacker) was seen imaging the love of his life in every nook and corner of his adobe. It was as though Viren imagining his beloved Jeevika everywhere and to top this, Viren assumes his brother Virat (Kushal Tandon) to be Jeevika (Krystle Dsouza) and was swaying with him to his heart’s content. The dance was simple, sweet and adorable. Viewing the dance one cannot help but hum ‘Aankhon Se Ho Aankhon Pe Ye Jadugari Hoti Zara Chahat Sada Hi Sarphiri Aankhon Se Ho Aankhon Pe Ye Jadugari‘ from We Are Family but humming this song it reminds one of Viren’s cute imaginary dance with Jeevika.
6) Do you remember Armaan and Ridhimma’s first dance together, Karan Singh Grover and Shilpa Anand swaying to the background music as Armaan and Riddhima. Their scintillating salsa dance though lasted only for a short span yet the dance did set the heat to a soaring high. The dance was intense and it was impactful. Armaan and Ridhimma’s first dance was like the icing on the cake in the show which was and is still considered fresh from the hot kettle pot.
7) The next sizzling dance on our list is the dance seen on Star One’s Miley Jab Hum Tum. The song we are taking about is ‘Khuda Jaane‘ but here is a twist. We are not talking about one couple but two for this dance sequence. Miley Jab Hum Tum saw the four lead protagonists Mayank (Arjun Bijlani), Nupur (Rati Pandey) and Samrat (Mohit Seghal), Gunjan (Sanaya Irani) getting lost in their respective partners and swaying to their hearts’ content. Both the couple’s dance was eye pleasing and beautiful. Seeing the two couple’s dance lost in the world of love, a smile is ought to spread on the viewers’ face and it is ought to transport one in a different world altogether. While Samrat and Gunjan were swaying inside, Mayank and Nupur were dancing in the rain. Both the jodi’s dances were special and they drenched the viewers with the feeling of love and romance completely.
8) When one thinks about dance on Indian Television, one dance which is unforgettable is of Rajveer Singh Shekhawat (Rajeev Khandelwal) and Naina (Priyanka Bassi) from Left Right Left. The story of Captain Rajveer and Cadet Naina had a different take to it when Rajveer was seen teaching dance to Naina. One hoped that the screen gets freezed and the moment stilled forever. The typical ballroom type of dancing even today blows the audience away. With chemistry and untold affection oozing out with every step Rajveer taught Naina, their dance was simply captivating. A dance lesson given and unvoiced emotions felt with the way of dance.
9) The story of Mohan (Kunal Karan Kapoor) and Megha (Aakanksha Singh) from Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha on Colors has always been different. Though Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha has ended when one thinks about the show many of them are ought to be reminded to Mohan and Megha’s sweet-tweet, super cute dance on the last episode of the show. They were seen dancing to the rhythm ‘Tere Mere Beech Mein Kya Hai‘ from ‘Shudhh Desi Romance’ and creating an aura of overpowering sweetness and adorableness. Mirchi Madam and Spiderman clearly melted the audiences’ hearts with their dance. It was the perfect way to end the beautiful, endearing journey of Mohan Bhatnagar and Megha Vyas Bhatnagar.
10) When mortal meets the immortal a supernatural attraction is created which is beyond the understanding of the human world. That is exactly what happened when Piya (Sukriti Kandpal) met Vampire Abhay Raichand (Vivian Dsena). Their dream sequence on the song ‘Pyaar kii yeh kahani suno ek ladka tha ek ladki thi‘ was a perfect fit for these two and at times it feels like the song mentioned above is tailor made for Abhay and Piya. Their dream dance on the song transports one in a world of romance and intense passion. The dance literally is beautiful and speaks about the love Abhay and Piya have for each other. Though just a dream, the dance is way beyond stunning.
11) Last but not the least we present to you one show which is all about dance and expressing love, friendship, sadness and every other emotion felt by the medium of dance. We are talking about none other than Cinevistaas’ Dil Dosti Dance. Each and every dance performed by the main lead protagonists Rey (Kunwar Amarjeet Singh), Kria (Shakti Mohan) and Swayam (Shantanu Maheshwari), Sharon (Vrushika Mehta) is simply terrific. Their emotions flow with ease and every time these on-screen couples perform in the show the audiences are left, stunned and awestruck.
If one want to see and know all about dance they can learn it from the lead pairs of Dil Dosti Dance. It is often said that ‘Dance is a way of expression’ and Rey, Kria and Sharon, Swayam go on to prove this point. Recently Rey and Kria danced on ‘Khuda jaane main mitt gaya hoon’ and their dance spoke the untold emotions of love. Swayam and Sharon danced on ‘Alvida’ and their dance too spoke about their anguish pent up feelings of hurt. Both the dances were simply great. Thinking further we believe each and every dance by the lead protagonists of Dil Dosti Dance has literally been astonishingly superlatively fantastic.
It seems like our jodi’s on-screen dance and sway to the rhythm of music and express their feelings like a free bird.
Hope you liked reading about the Scintillating, Sizzling, and Sensational Dance Sequences That Speaks Volumes On Indian Television.
Don’t forget to leave a comment in the comment box stating which among the above mentioned dances is your favourite.
Stay Tuned To Fuze For More Updates!
Author: Surya Ravi