The new year is just around the corner and we sincerely hope it’s good in every way for everyone! The 2020 Pandemic affected the TV world too and so many projects that were in the pipeline were delayed and some were even shelved.
The wait to see our favourite stars back on screen only became longer and longer with each passing day but we hope in the new year, our wait will finally be over and we will get to see these pretty ladies back on screen in an all new avatar –
• Jennifer Winget – The lovely lady was last seen as Maya in the second season of Beyhadh and we had quite high expectations from the show owing to the success of the first season but after sometime, to be specific, post Rishi’s death sequence, the storyline kinda strayed from what was promised in the promo. The entry of a new character, played by Ankit Siwach did not help at all, and the show failed to hold our interest. Jennifer is a great performer and she did complete justice to the character but it’s the show’s storyline that disappointed us. We really hope to see Jennifer on our television screens in the new year doing something new!
• Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya – The ever smiling actress was last seen essaying the character of Dr.Ishita Bhalla in Star Plus’ former show, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and we really loved our favourite IshiMaa. We miss both the actor and the character a lot. While we cannot do anything about missing the character apart from watching the old episodes, we certainly can watch Divyanka in a new avatar. It’s been a year since her show, Yeh Hai Mohabbatein went off-air and we really wish to see her back, playing a villain-ish character in the new year! She will definitely nail it to the T!
• Sakshi Tanwar – During lockdown, SONY TV began the re-telecast of Bade Achhe Lagte Hain and we got to see Sakshi as Priya once again and of course, the sweet chemistry between her and Ram Kapoor. We enjoyed it to bits but post the lockdown, SONY stopped the telecast and we realised how much we miss this beautiful lady on our television screens. Even though Sakshi did host a food show which we really loved for its uniqueness but we miss seeing her in a daily series and we hope, this new year Sakshi is back on our screens in a television series where her acting skills are used to the full potential!
• Rhea Sharma – The bubbly and pretty actress was last seen as Mishti in the much loved show Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke and was much appreciated for her performance and especially, her chemistry with her co-star Shaheer Sheikh was really loved by the fans. There are talks about the second season of the same show. The story might be different this time but we hope the names of the characters and lead actors are the same because we would love to see her playing Mishti, once again!
• Aditi Rathore – The actress was last seen as Avni in Star Plus’ former show, Naamkarann and post the show, she is on a break. It’s been two years since Naamkarann went off-air and we really miss her on our television screens. We really wish to see her back in action, next year!
• Pooja Sharma – The actress rose to fame with Star Plus’ Mahabharata where she essayed the character of Draupadi and we must say, Pooja did a fantastic job at it. She received a lot of appreciation for her performance and even in her last show, Mahakali – Anth Hi Aarambh Hai, Pooja did full justice to her character of Mahakali. Post that, Pooja did narration as river Jhelum and river Sarayu in Porus, Chandragupta Maurya and Ram Siya Ke Luv Kush, respectively. Having said that, we miss seeing Pooja on our screens. We hope Pooja is back next year with a new character.
• Shrenu Parikh – The actress was last seen in Star Plus’ former show, Ek Bhram Sarvagun Sampanna opposite Zain Imam. The fresh pairing of Zain and Shrenu was really loved by the fans. Also, it was the first time when Shrenu played a negative shade on-screen and she received much appreciation for her portrayal of Janhvi Mittal / Pooja Sharma. The actress was tested positive for COVID19 a couple of months back but with the grace of God, she recovered and is doing good. We would love to see Shrenu back on-screen in 2021 in a character that has the same fighting spirit as her!
Stay tuned to Fuze for more updates!