When Kasautii Zindagii Kay season started off on Star Plus, there had been a ‘fair’ amount of criticism and doubts over the actors and content of the show?
Can they recreate the same magical love story again?
Can Anurag and Prerna become the same rage again?
Can Hina Khan, after playing the great Akshara in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, be accepted as the most negative character in the world?
Can Parth Samthaan and Erica Fernandes essay the eternal lovers of Anurag and Prerna on screen?
So many doubts. Yet Ekta Kapoor went on to launch the show amidst much glitz and glitter and of course with those huge size monumental statues of Anurag and Prerna giving the feels of Romeo and Juliet across the different cities of India.
Months later Parth Samthaan and Erica Fernandes received the Best Jodi award at Indian Telly Awards 2019.
And Erica Fernandes made a post on Instagram saying the following –
View this post on Instagram
To everyone who questioned our chemistry at the launch of the show . This is proof enough that we managed to fair well 😉 Thankyou everyone out there who supported us , who loved us as anu pre and who took out their precious time to vote for us . Thankyou @ektaravikapoor @balajitelefilmslimited for putting your trust in us and giving us kasautii. And last but not the least thankyou @the_indian_telly_awards for the appreciation. #gratitude #overwhelmed #fanpower #kasautiizindagiikay2 #balaji #anupre #ejf
Even we think they did a ‘fair’ job in the show in the two leading and iconic characters of Indian television.
Some people may disagree with us. No problem. We aren’t anyway imposing our thoughts on you. What we are saying is – The job was fair considering the humongous pressure you have when you are constantly compared and rated in a scale that’s almost unachievable in majority of the audience’s mind.
Parth Samthaan and Erica Fernandes did a ‘fair’ job with that regards on the show.
And we found chemistry too in them.
1. When Anurag and Prerna subtly talked about love stories during their first taxi ride from the Howrah Bridge – We found ‘fare’ amount of chemistry in there.
2. When Anurag took Prerna into a dance with him to stop Naveen getting close to her – We found ‘fair’ amount of intensity in the way he danced with her.
3. When he expressed his right on her, took drastic steps to claim her – We found ‘fair’ amount of desperation in there.
4. When he and she had their moment of love in the rains – We saw ‘fair’ amount of romance in that moment.
5. When she chose not to cry but to bounce back and claim her rights as his wife on his face – We found ‘fair’ amount of anguish in her.
5. Whenever he tries to find ways to anyhow get close to her – We find ‘fair’ amount of cuteness in their story.
So yes, we think both the actors did a ‘fair’ job playing Anurag and Prerna in the first innings of the show. They made people like, accept or love them despite enormously loving the previous season’s actors as well. They just won the first innings there.
Congratulations to both for the win!
Stay Tuned To Fuze For More Updates!