Star Plus’ popular daily soap Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum has managed to grab attention and rave reviews of the audience’s right since its inception.
With Sandiip Sikcand at the helm of production, the show aired its very first episode on 17 June 2019 and from then to now the quality of the show, when it comes to content and chemistry has been top class.
The daily soap has created waves and indeed has changed the tides of belief and perspective of how an Indian television should be made. Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum has brought in a change and the impact of it will be seen on TV in the coming years.
With the news confirmed that the show is going off-air this March 2020, the fans of the daily soap are left heartbroken, wanting, craving and wishing for more.
As a special feature today we give you all the right reasons why Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum should have had a longer run.
– The show as a whole though written for TV is not a regular daily soap. The television audience does not come across such a well written and well executed show every other day.
– The content of the show was quality driven and didn’t beat around the bush with senseless tracks. In fact the forced ending made makers to come up with a typical daily soap track.
– Though there have been times before when Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum has taken the dramatic turn when it comes to twists, but the underlying point to be noted is that the number of times the show has taken that route is far too less than compared to the other currently running soaps on the television medium. The creatives of the show have always stuck to the basics and given the viewers a show that gives a kick where quality content is concerned.
– Without a doubt the TRP decides the life span of a television show. Kahaan Hum Kahaan Tum’s TRP has been decent. The TRP of the show is stable garnering regular ratings in between 1.8 and 1.9. Recently the show received a 2 plus TRP too. Given the ratings are stable the daily soap indeed deserved to stay on-air or shifted to some other time slot.
– One of the main reasons why the daily soap shouldn’t go off-air is that the audiences will never get another Sonakshi Rastogi and Rohit Sippy ever again. Their characters have been very different and out of the box.
– A strong female lead is like a drop in the ocean on TV and with Sonakshi, the viewers are blessed with one such character. The way Sonakshi stands her ground and does not let anything or anyone bring her down, she is an inspiration. A strong woman, balancing her ambition and home, a go getter, Sonakshi’s character is Sona (gold), just like her nick name. And she will be thoroughly missed when the show culminates.
– Rohit Sippy is no angry young man. He is successful and he has emotions that he does not hide. The way Rohit’s character has been written is away from the usual and typical stereotyped heroes on TV. He cares, he supports, he understands. Rohit is a modern day progressive man who pushes the love of his life, his wife ahead to achieve her dreams. We need such good men to stay on so that the society at large can reflect and learn the right way to be progressive.
– The RoNakshi chemistry, Rohit and Sonakshi’s chemistry literally fires up the television screen. RoNakshi setting ablaze the screens bring it to life. Their chemistry is talked about and appreciated immensely. And it is one of the strongest points of the show. Not all daily soap characters create such chemistry, thus this reason itself should be enough for the show to continue and not end.
– The decision of shutting down the daily soap has been sudden leaving the ardent followers in shock. Given that the viewers have invested their time and interest in the show, they deserve more of their favourite show, their favourite RoNakshi rather than a quick wrap up with a half-baked happily ever after.
– Though a drama, the fiction in it is relatable, fresh and out of the box, the viewers have more than once connected with the happenings and emotions presented in the daily soap.
– The dialogues in the show have a resemblance to reality. They are not of the over the top or too dramatic kind.
– The actors, Karan V Grover and Dipika Kakar Ibrahim have done commendable job essaying the characters of Rohit and Sonakshi. They have brought the characters to life on screen and they have made Rohit Sippy and Sonakshi Rastogi household names literally.
When the two lead actors and all the supporting cast are doing such a wonderful job, the content too is making heads turn, it is sad that due to TRPs there’s going to be curtains down on such a show.
– The story of Rohit and Sonakshi though is of opposites attract, yet this kind of opposites attract story seems not far from reality. He is no angry young man and she is no damsel in distress, rather they both have their individuality and commonality of love got them together.
The RoNakshi take on love was like a breath of fresh air amidst the usual love stories written on TV.
Do not forget to share your thoughts on the article in the comment box below.
Stay Tuned To Fuze For All The Latest Updates!