View this post on Instagram
A story of love, hope, and endless memories. Celebrating the late #SushantSinghRajput's legacy that will be etched in the minds of all and cherished forever. #DilBechara coming to everyone on July 24. For the love of Sushant and his love for cinema, the movie will be available to all subscribers and non-subscribers. . . @sanjanasanghi96 @mukeshchhabracc #SaifAliKhan @arrahman @swastikamukherjee13 @sahilvaid24 #SaswataChatterjee @shashankkhaitan @sonymusicindia @foxstarhindi @suprotimsengupta @amitabhbhattacharyaofficial
Originally the movie was supposed to hit the theatres on May 8th 2020. However, the Covid-19 crisis has shut the doors of the theatres for an unforeseen period of time and hence the makers decided to stream the movie on Disney+ Hotstar from July 24th 2020.
Taking a milestone decision, Hotstar has also announced that the movie will be available for all subscribers as well as non-subscribers as a tribute to Sushant.
This means one can watch it for free on the platform. Thanks to Hotstar and the producers of the film for trying and making the movie accessible to everyone.
The emotions are running high around this movie for it being the last film shot by Sushant Singh Rajput. A large section of the audience are requesting for a big screen release of the film.
Delaying the movie can bring in further losses for the makers, however, if it is possible, can it be seen whether the film can be re-released in theatres when everything opens up? A post OTT theatrical release can also turn out to be the perfect and let’s say complete tribute to Sushant Singh Rajput. It will be somewhat like a satisfying closure for his fans.
And just in case, you want to know more about Dil Bechara, here are some trivia for you –
- Dil Bechara is an adaptation of the novel ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ by John Green. A movie with the same name already did release in 2014.
- The story deals with two cancer patients who eventually fall in love and become each other’s support system.
- Apart from Sushant Singh Rajput and Sanjana Sanghi, the movie also stars Saif Ali Khan and Swastika Mukherjee. Parts of the film are shot in Jamshedpur. As per reports, some parts are also shot in Paris.
- Sushant and Sanjana will be seen playing the characters of Kizie and Manny. Two book lovers who will eventually come closer due to their quest to know the end of an unfinished book written by a not very accessible author.
- The music of the film is composed by A.R.Rahman. In fact, his very famous national award winning apprentice group Qutub-E-Kripa, went on to record a score for the movie. The lyrics are written by Amitabh Bhattacharya.
View this post on Instagram
#sushantsinghrajput ‘s 🇮🇳last film #dilbechara to release on Disney+ Hotstar @itsssrdotcom #dilbecharaonbigscreen @sanjanasanghi96 @rajkummar_rao @MukeshChhabraCC @arrahman @swastika24 @sonymusicindia @foxstarhindi @sonymusicindia @disneyplushsvip #deepakdhawan https://abcmundial.com/en/2020/06/25/india/entertainment/sushant-singh-rajputs-last-film-dil-bechara-to-release-on-disney-hotstar
What you may expect from Dil Bechara –
- Hydrate yourself properly before watching the movie. Be ready with the tissue papers. As much as Sushant’s demise may affect your viewing experience, the film in general is also an emotional roller coaster ride. It may simply turn out to be a crying fest for you.
- The novel has some wonderful catchy lines. We wonder if they are translated into Hindi, how they will turn out to be. From lines like ‘Pain demands to be felt’ to ‘Okay is our always’, the simplicity of the words are more impactful in case of The Fault In Our Stars.
- The positivity of the character of Sushant may just make you fall for him very hard! His will be a full of life character, always energetic and trying to make others laugh around him. In the novel, ask him how he is and he shoots back saying ‘Grand!’ always. He takes his female counterpart and the love of his life’s name as ‘Hazel Grace’ always. It’s never only ‘Hazel’ or never only ‘Grace’. It’s particularly ‘Hazel Grace’ always. He has said ‘I had always thought the world was a wish granting factory’ in the novel. And all this for sure would make you already curious about the character.
- As per reports, you may see Sushant giving his last tribute to SRK in the movie too as one of SRK’s hit songs is used in the movie featuring SSR.
The mere fact that Dil Bechara is Sushant’s last film, the last time we will be seeing him on screen, makes our hearts cry.
But nevertheless, we will have to make the film the most watched ever movie in India on the OTT platform. That will be one of our ultimate tribute to our star.