Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke picked up very quickly with the viewers owing to the many USP’s of the show. From the perfect caste ensemble to a great story to begin with, the show in its very initial phase managed to grab all the attention and the lead jodis of the show ‘Mishbir’ aka Mishti and Abir played by Rhea Sharma and Shaheer Sheikh respectively and ‘Kuku’ aka Kunal and Kuhu played by Ritvik Arora and Karveri Priyam became a household name.
The show till date, has managed to keep the viewers hooked to it and has garnered a huge fan following too but the current track of the show is lately running low on the spark as per the fans and viewers.
Here we are with the certain specifics of what’s truly needed to restore the zeal of the show –
1. Mishti and Abir’s Individuality- Mishti’s angry chorni avatar and the banjaara rebellion Abir were nowhere to be seen since long. The two, even in their own individual scenes were impactful enough before to cater to the viewers hunger for strong characters. Although now, Abir has got back to his real form, circumstances have made Mishti move away from her real self. The track that made Abir aloof from all that was going on around him was too stretched. And it somehow ended up making him look a bit weak as compared to his real self. Even now, Meenakshi’s open challenges and her daring deeds in front of the family make the entire Rajvansh family look like muted dolls in the show. Abir’s reactions to her actions are simply not enough.
2. Mishbir Dose – One thing that’s on everyone’s mind is probably Mishbir’s chemistry and the intensity that all are craving for. The separation track has made the fans start yearning for the light hearted moments of the two. Also from the little bickering to the sweet nothings and the deep and intense conversations between the two are being dearly missed and how. The two being friends first and then lovers was something that every Mishbir fan cherishes and now that needs to be back soon!
3. Mishku’s Moments – The show, most of the time, has been a perfect blend of drama entertainment, romance but since quite some time, the high level drama is leaving no space for some unsaid scenes the viewers loved to watch. Mishti and Kuhu’s antics and the Tom and Jerry equation between the two seems like a far fetched dream to see now.
4. The Rajvansh Brothers – The viewers probably thought that with Kuhu’s entry in the Rajvansh house aka Abir’s bro will spike some good scenes amidst Kuhu, Kunal and Abir. But alas, forget funny, even some good meaningful scenes which one would usually expect amidst them are lacking lately.
5. The ‘Kuku’ Charisma – Even Kunal and Kuhu’s story seems to have come to a halt like the dates of the calendar in their cupboard, which are the same since good knows when. The makers had a pretty good potential in this duo’s story to be developed a little here but looks like the fans will have to wait a little more for that too!
The current track is getting monotonous. Meenakshi’s constant threats are getting monotonous. Her attempts to threat Vishambhar, Abir, Parul, Nishant, Mishti are getting monotonous. Abir’s failed attempts to win Mishti back are getting monotonous. Kunal’s ‘I am not a good son’ kind of thoughts are getting monotonous. Mishti’s indifference is getting monotonous.
Only Kuhu’s character is still progressing. She is seen fighting with Abir for Mishti, trying to protect Nishant from a loveless marriage, dealing with Kunal without compromising her own choices and self respect, trying to help Abir and Mishti – But the rest is all repetitive and somehow characters are stuck at their respective ends.
The show has a great technical team, a fabulous cast and some kick-ass writers. The only need of the hour is to somehow get back the on-screen charm of the show. Hope the makers will spice up the track and fuse the USP of the show with something unconventional and interesting stuff ahead for the viewers and make us go gaga all over the show again!